…this is the best educational website for students and teachers, providing FREE access to teaching materials, e-lesson notes, online study, and a hub to access latest news and job vacancies. Not yet a member? Signup
Are you thinking of studying medicine abroad on low tuition in English? Then you should consider medical schools in Ukraine which are top rated medical schools. Foreign students from all over the world (UK, Germany, Scandinavian, India, Africa etc.) travel to Ukraine for their medical courses (medicine, dentistry, podiatry, and nursing etc.) usually because of theaffordable cost of living and cheap tuition fees.
While the primary language of instruction used in Ukrainian schools are either Russian or Ukrainian, a good number of popular medical faculties among foreign students are available in both English and in French languages. So for you to study medicine in Ukraine, schools have made it possible for majority of international students to study in Russian or Ukrainian after they’ve successfully gone through the mandatory one year preparatory language course in either Ukrainian or Russian language, otherwise you will have to do their medical program in English at a much higher tuition cost or French if the university does medical programs in English or French languages.
Assuming you decide to study medicine in Ukraine, you will have access to top rated education dished out by their universities, which offer cheap tuition fees and living costs. Are you aware that most Ukrainian Medical faculties who teach Medicine (MBBS / MD), Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, etc., have acquired well over 20 year medical experience teaching medicine in English or French?
Sadly, Ukrainian Medical degrees are not automatically accepted by some European Economic Area members ‘countries, however medical degrees awarded by Ukrainian medical universities are still valid and recognized globally and eligible for MCI ( Medical Council of India) PMDC (Pakistan Medical and Dental Council ) , UNESCO, World Health Organization, HPCSA (Health Professions Council of South Africa) SCHS (Saudi Commission for Health Specialties ),PLAB (The Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board) in the UK, USMLE(The United States Medical Licensing Examination ),MCC (Medical Council of Canada) for aptitude screening test carried out by the National Board of Examination under each country etc.
To provide context, if you choose to work in India as a Medical doctor, a medical graduate from Ukraine will be required to successfully pass the Screening Test for MCI (Medical Council of India). Once you’ve successfully passed the MCI test,you’ll be appreciated and given better support than applicants who graduated from Indian medical colleges, because of your exposure to European medical teaching.
Regardless, please remember that Ukrainian medical degrees are not automatically recognised in all EU/EEA member countries, so carry out your research before making the move.
The moment you’ve completed your medical program, as a postgraduate student, you’ll be afforded the opportunity to continue your clinical specialization (residency) and research projects via a 3-6 years medical postgraduate training program and obtain your Medical, Dental or Pharmaceutical specialties or Ph.D. degree, under the tutelege of world class professors.
Why should I study medicine in Ukraine?
Annually, thousands of international students across the world are attracted to Ukrainian universities for a number of reasons, viz:
- Streamlined application and admission procedure,
- Ability to study in either English or French,
- Cheap tuition fees and living expenses,
- Diverse environment which enriches and expands your capacity and sense of life,
- World class education,
Medical programs and Duration
Find below some of the most popular medical programs among foreign students in Ukraine:
- Medicine: Typically the length of the medical program is 6 years; the degree that’s awarded is doctor of medicine (MD or MBBS);
- Dental: The total duration of the dental program is 5 years;the degree awarded is bachelor of dentistry (BDS);
- Pediatrics:overall duration of the medical program is 6 years; degree awarded is called doctor of medicine (pediatrician);
- Nursing: This one runs for 2 years; degree awarded is bachelor of nursing.
- Dental orthopedic: duration of the course is 2 years; degree awarded is bachelor of dental orthopedic;
- Post graduate programs: duration of academic programs is 2-3 years;
Tuition fees for Studying Medicine in Ukraine
As you may have known, studying medicine abroad in Ukraine is one of the cheapest options in Europe and beyond. For most of the medical courses in English, tuition fees range from $4,500 per year to $7,000 per year maximum.
A fantastic combination of affordable living cost (ex. accommodation: roughly 700 Euros/year; meals around 150 Euro/year) and quality of medical education, attracts thousands of international medical students who are seeking to study medicine abroad.
Cheap Tuition Universities Offering Medical programs in Ukraine in English
As we’ve seen so far, Ukraine is one of the top international destinations for students looking for Universities to study Medicine on cheap tuition. Ukrainian Medical institutions usually offer 6-year medical and dental, 5 -year pharmacy courses,plus 2 year nursing and postgraduate programs atcheapest tuition fees.
- Bogomolets National Medical University;
- Bukovinian State Medical University;
- Crimea State Medical University;
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv State Medical University;
- Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy;
- Kharkov State Medical University;
- Lugansk State Medical University;
- I.Y. Gorbachevsky Ternopil State Medical University;
- M. Gorky Donesk National Medical University;
- Odessa State Medical University;
- Zaporozhya State Medical University