If you are considering low or cheapest tuition medical study in an English destination, University of Tartu, faculty of medicine Estonia is one of the best options around. University of Tartu is renowned for its high reputation in the quality of studies and research their medical students receive. The university currently offers Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy Studies in Estonian and medicine in both English and Estonian.
Study Medicine at Tartu University in English
If you choose to study medicine at University of Tartu in Estonia you’ll be studying in one of the world’s 400 best universities according to Times Higher Education World University Rankings released in 2012-13. What this means is that the University of Tartu belongs to the TOP 3% of the world’s top rated universities. In 2011, for example the University of Tartu was also named as one of the “Eastern Europe’s most promising candidates to achieve world-class status”.
The Primary objectives of the Tartu University medical program is to train physicians who:
- Can consistently provide medical assistance of the highest quality corresponding to recent achievements in medicine and high ethical standards;
- Is able to actively promote the awareness of society on the importance of disease prevention;
- Would like to contribute with their activities to the development and advancement of medicine as a field as well as medical science;
- Is ready to engage in self-education during their entire professional career.
Please note that the English medical program of Tartu University runs through 6-years and successful students are then awarded a Degree in Medicine (M.D.).
Upon successful graduation of the program students, acquire professional and academic growth possibilities – to continue their education in a residency program of their chosen specialty and become a doctor-specialist;go on to study medicine in a Doctoral Degree (PhD) programs in Estonia or in any other country of the European Union, or have a job requiring a medical degree.
Application deadline to Medical study at Tartu University in English
In order to apply for English medical program of Tartu University, the medical applicant is expected to prepare all required documents as soon as possible. Note that the results will be announced at the beginning of June of each year. Here is a tentative deadline:
- December: Application system opens;
- April: Deadline for Medicine in English;
- Jun: Final admission results for Medicine in English are announced;
It is important to note that places are very limited and admission is really competitive.
Admission requirements at Medical study at Tartu University in English
A top requirement for applying is to have your SAT test in Biology E/M (minimum score 640). In addition, applicants are expected to submit a motivation letter.What this means is that Admission takes place on the basis of a ranking list. When applicants are ranked or graded, both the SAT score (50%) and motivation letter (50%) are taken into account.
- Online application;
- Motivation letter – guidelines and evaluation criteria are included in the online application form;
- Result of SAT test in Biology (minimum score 640);
- Official copy of the secondary copy of the passport page stating the applicant’s personal particulars;
- School certificate and grade list in the original language*;
- Certified translations of the secondary school certificate and grade list into English;
* Please have it at the back of your mind that in order to be considered official, all certificates should bear a seal, and a signature of an authorized official. Official documents should thus be provided from the institution awarding the secondary school certificate. Documents sent with an Apostille are considered official as well.
- Please note that only official score reports sent straight from the testing centre are accepted. The score recipient code for the University of Tartu is 6424.
- Upper secondary school certificates submitted to the university must include description of grading scale.
- Students accepted to the university cannot postpone beginning of their studies to the next academic year.
Tuition cost for medical program in English of Tartu University
Tuition fee of medical program in English of Tartu University is pegged at 11000 Euros. This can be paid in two installments per semester (5500 Euro/semester). We would really encourage you to take advantage of the low tuition medical programs at this university