[PDF] COMPLETE NEW SCHEME/ CURRICULUM OF WORK FOR PRIMARY 1 (ALL SUBJECTS)
As provided in the new National Curriculum, this scheme contains all the 8 maximum number of composite subjects for Primary Schools. The eight composite subjects which are all included in this scheme are:
- English Language
- Nigerian Languages
- Basic Science & Technology (BST)
- Prevocational Studies
- Religious and National Values (RNV)
- Cultural & Creative Arts (CCA)
- Arabic Language
2. MathematicsNigerian Languages
10. Home Economics
Religious and National Values (RNV);
12. Civic Education
13. Christian Religious Studies
14. Islamic Religious Studies
15. Security Education
16. Cultural & Creative Arts (CCA)
17. Arabic Language
All these subjects are included in this Primary One Teaching Scheme.
Note however, that the new national curriculum only requires schools to teach Primary 1 pupils a minimum of 6 of the composite subjects and a maximum of 7.
Note also that for any of the six composite subjects a school chooses to teach, she must also teach the sub-subjects as contained in the list of 19.