This unified scheme of work follows the curriculum by the National Educational and Research Development Council, and entails the followings:
- Listed components will serve as themes in the Religion and National Values Curriculum
- Contents are planned for all children to take Social Studies, Civic Education and Security Education themes
- Separate classes should be run for CRS theme and IS theme
- Consumer Education, Disaster Risk Reduction Education and Peace and Conflict Resolution curricula are infused into the Civic Education, Social Studies and Security Education Themes.
- Create enabling environment for the subject in all schools