WHAT IS i-FAIR ?
INNOVATION THAT EXCITES
Innovation Fellowship for Aspiring Inventors and Researchers (i-FAIR) is an initiative born out of the need to raise a generation of INNOVATORS, INVENTORS and RESEARCHERS in Nigeria; especially among the youths.
It is a 6-months program enabling participants to transform ideas into reality by providing technological and educational tools, platforms, guidance, and mentoring by experts from the state of Israel and Nigeria.
The core objective of i-FAIR is to create a process and environment for brilliant minds that will transform ideas into innovations and inventions.
Submission of Applications: Those who meet all the criteria are invited to apply until October 31st, 2020.
Screening stage: All application will be reviewed and a team of experts will select the most promising (50-100) participants among submitted applications until November 15th, 2020.
Invitations: Selected applicants will be invited to participate in a 3-day gathering event at the Skill ”G” Innovation Center, as well as to participate in the online certificate course titled “Introduction to Entrepreneurship” until November 30th, 2020.
A 3-Day gathering event/course:Comprised of lectures, workshops, cultural events, and on-site trainings for successful applicants – December 1st-3rd, 2020.
“Introduction to Entrepreneurship”:online certificate course and mentoring by experts from both Israel and Nigeria, starting from December 4th, 2020 until March 1st, 2021. The course will include the following content:
- Practical workshops focused on entrepreneurship and creative thinking;
- Training and practical guidance for entrepreneurs (market assessment, business plan, SWOT analysis, presentation, elevator speech, branding and differentiation strategy, investors’ recruitment, and intellectual property protection)
- Creation of the ideas’ prototype design.
A 3-day Grand Finale Conference: in which the participants will present their innovative projects to potential investors from all over the world, March 2nd-4th, 2021.
Further progress and development:participants will be offered an opportunity to further develop their prototypes according to the investors and experts directions until April 5th, 2021.
The Second Grand Finale Conference: (April 6th-7th, 2021) giving the participants another chance to present their projects to potential investors after amendments and alterations.
CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPANTS
- You must be a citizen of Nigeria
- You must be 21 years and above
- You must hold a degree from a tertiary institution
- You must be smart, innovative and motivated
- You must have an innovative project you are working on, in one or more of the following fields:
- Agriculture and Food Security
- Food Technology,
- Renewable Energy/Environmental Management
- Medical Devices/Simulation
- Social Responsibility/Solution for the Physically Challenged.