1. Papayas, especially the unripe and semi-ripe ones are rich in latex, which can cause uterine contractions and create complications.
2. Pineapple contains brome lain, a type of enzyme, they can break down proteins in the body and lead to abnormal bleeding.
3. Caffeine intake should be to less than 200 mg per day, or about 2–3 cups of coffee while pregnancy, taking high caffeine during pregnancy should restrict fetal growth and increase the risk of low birth weight at delivery.
4. Alcohol should be avoided during pregnancy as it increases the risk of miscarriage and stillbirth. It can cause fetal alcohol syndrome, which involves facial deformities, heart defects and mental retardation.
5. Undercooked and raw meat and poultry, such as pinkor raw meat that is bloody contains Toxoplasma parasite and harmful bacteriaSalmonella. Salmonella increases the risk of food poisoning and lead tomiscarriage or fetal death during delivery also. You can eat homemade well.
6. Cooked and hot meat and poultry.
7. Unpasteurized milk: This contains a bacteria called listeria which is capable of crossing the placenta and infection the fetus and the blood so it’s advisable for pregnant women to always take pasteurized milk.
8. Other foods included: Processed meat, sprouted potato, raw eggs, aloe vera, soft cheese, bitter melon, liver, foods high in vitamin A, fish/seafood high in Mercury e.g king mackerel, crab, shark, tilefish and swordfish.