…this is the best educational website for students and teachers, providing FREE access to teaching materials, e-lesson notes, online study, and a hub to access latest news and job vacancies. Not yet a member? Signup
Oyo State Government on Tuesday released the calendar for the resumption of schools in the state.
Schools across the country were shut due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
But, the state government on Tuesday said it has released a calendar to guide resumption and examination for terminal classes in the state.
Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Barrister Olasunkanmi Olaleye who spoke after the state executive council meeting on Tuesday said the state executive council approved the academic calendar to guide resumption of classes.
Olaleye enjoined all stakeholders and members of the public to take note of the details of the academic calendar.
The Oyo State Executive Council at its meeting today 21st of July 2020 approved the academic calendar to guide resumption of schools and other associated educational activities in the State.
Third Term 2019/2020 session has been cancelled and promotion of students, for all affected classes, will now be determined by First and Second Term Continuous Assessment.
Pry 6, JSS 3 and SSS 3 will proceed on holiday from 30th of July and resume for their Examination as follows;
- Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) – 10th to 18th August 2020.
- Competitive Entrance Examination into the Schools of Science – 19th August 2020.
- Placement/Screening Test to JSS1 – 20th August 2020.
- Placement Test into Technical Colleges – 28th August 2020.
- The SSS 3 will resume for their examination as soon as WAEC announce the date.
“The 2020/21 academic session, according to the calendar approved by the State Council is as follows;
- First Term- 21st September to 18th December 2020. Second Term- 11th January to 9th April 2021. Third Term- 3rd May to 30th July 2021
- The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology enjoin all stakeholders and members of the public to take note of the details of the academic calendar”.