IITA/IFAD AGRIHUB NIGERIA PROJECT 2021 FOR YOUTHS IN NIGERIA
We are pleased to announce the call for the Agrihub Nigeria Project for new and existing agripreneurs in Abuja, Imo, and Oyo states.
The IFAD Agrihub Nigeria project is geared towards unemployed Nigerian youth as well as emerging agripreneurs, willing to develop their skillset along the employment and entrepreneurship track, aimed at increasing wage opportunities for youth and improved livelihoods in the rural economy.
The International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA) through its Youth in Agribusiness office is collaborating with the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the Songhai center in Nigeria to implement the Integrated Agribusiness Hub Project.
The IFAD Agrihub project in Nigeria aims to create sustainable employment and income generating opportunities for young people in agriculture and related activities in Nigeria by directly reaching 3410 young men and women within five years (30% for entrepreneurial track and 70% for employment track).
Each hub is expected to provide several services including:
1) Capacity-building, training, and mentoring;
2) Technology testing, demonstration, and certification facilities;
3) Technology transfer;
4) International networking and collaboration;
5) Policy advocacy and market intelligence; and
6) Links to investors and other financing sources.
- A Nigerian citizen between the ages of 18 and 35
- Available and ready to participate in the full program and evaluation process
- Able to write and express yourself in basic English
Deadline: 27 February 2021
To apply: Visit: http://agrihub.youthagripreneurs.org/training-application/