Some of you may not know that in as much as you see N-Power teach volunteers in all classes across the country, so also you see some Federal Teacher’s Scheme (FTS) volunteers and each of this volunteers are hoping for permanency.
Today, we are discussing the differences between these two impact-ful FG Scheme.
The Difference Between FG Teachers Scheme And NPower Teachers Programme
The Federal Teachers’ Scheme: This was established in 2006 as part of the Federal Government’s intervention to assure quality basic education delivery in Nigeria. The Scheme recruits unemployed holders of the Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) for a two year teaching service in public basic education schools (ECCDE, primary and junior secondary).
NPower Teachers: N-Power Teachers are one among the NPower graduate programme of the Federal Government social investment programme. It linked to the Federal Government’s policies in the economic, employment and social development arenas. N-Power addresses the challenge of youth unemployment by providing a structure for large scale and relevant work skills acquisition and development while linking its core and outcomes to fixing inadequate public services and stimulating the larger economy. The graduates under N -Power teach will ensure that each participant will learn and practice most of what is necessary to find or create work.
The Objectives of the scheme include the following:
- assisting States to reduce shortage of teacher requirement for the success of the UBE programme
- exposing young NCE graduates to full practical experience in their chosen career;
- ensuring qualitative education of candidates in the UBE programme; and
- providing employment to NCE graduates.
Objective of n-power teacher
- N-Power Teach Volunteers will help improve basic education delivery in Nigeria.
- N-Power Teach Volunteers will be deployed as teacher assistants in primary schools around Nigeria.
- They will not replace the current teachers, but will work as support teachers across Nigeria, assisting with teaching, school management and other functions within the schools.
- Where possible, they will also assist in taking basic education to children in marginalised communities.
Eligibility for FG teacher scheme.
The guidelines stipulate that in order to be eligible for selection, a candidate must:
1. possess the Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) from a government approved institution obtained not earlier than 2013
2. specialise in any of the following subjects: English Studies, Mathematics, Science, Vocational Studies, Computer Science, Special Education, Early Childhood Education, Nigerian and Foreign Languages
3. not be in employment with any organisation during the period of service.
4. not be above 40 years of age.
Eligibility for npower teacher scheme.
You will need to meet the minimum requirements (if any) Generally, selection is based:
1. N-Power are designed for Nigerian citizens between the ages of 18 and 35.
2. On your expression of a genuine interest in for N-Power Teach
3. Passing the relevant tests
4. Your willingness to push yourself beyond your comfort zone; and ability to show a flair to develop all the skills you need to be the best you can be.
5. B.Sc, HND, Ordinary National Diploma (0ND) or Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE) or as may be specified by the programme.